Pakistan Tourist Visa
Are you one of those guys that value traveling and you want to tour Pakistan? Well, we have a detailed explanation of the things you need before taking your trip. Read on to know the facts and make your trip the best it can be.
If the purpose of your visit to Pakistan is tourism, you need to apply for a visa. The Ministry of Interior Pakistan introduced a single-entry online Tourist visa system in May 2019. Under the new system, citizens of 175 counrties can obtain a tourist eVisa with three months' validity. With a tourist visa, travelers can arrive in Pakistan for touristic activities or meet their friends/family and stay in the country for a maximum period of 30 days.
You want to travel to Pakistan on short notice, Expedited Visa Service is best to opt. To obtain an Expedited Pakistan Visa, you first need to fill out an online ETV Pakistan Visa application form and submit several required documents depending upon the visa type. After submission, the visa application undergoes processing until it gets approval.
Generally, the required documents include a passport information page and photograph. However, broadly the document requirements differ according to the visa type. For submitting a Tourist Visa ETV, you need to collect and upload different documents.
How is the Application Process
Almost everything is online nowadays and the Pakistani government has rolled up their sleeves to make this possible. The process is simple and straightforward if you have the right documents and you reside in one of the countries that get Pakistani Visa online.
- Submit the Online Application Form
- Pay visa service fee
- Get e-Visa on Mail
Types of Tourist Visa Pakistan:
Foreign travelers can apply for two types of tourist visas:
First Time Visa- If you don't already have a valid Pakistani visa.
Extension Visa- If your Pakistani visa is about to expire, you can apply for up to 6 months extension. However, you can only apply for an Pakistan visa extension if you are staying in Pakistan. Visa extension is subject to the government's approval.
Pakistan Tourist Visa Duration and Validity:
First-time applicants can obtain a single-entry tourist visa, which will be valid for up to 3 months. To extend your stay, you can apply for a visa extension of 6 months or more. A double-entry tourist visa is also available for some nationalities.
US nationals can obtain a multiple-entry tourist visa with 5-years validity. With this visa, travelers can stay in Pakistan for a maximum duration of 3 months on a single trip.
Tourist Visa Eligibility and Support Documents:
It is worth noting that before applying for a tourist visa, every traveler must meet the eligibility requirements of the Pakistani government. The type of supporting documents required for a tourist visa depends upon your nationality. However, there are certain documents that every traveler will necessarily provide, such as the passport.
Obtaining a tourist visa is a straightforward process. The entire procedure is conducted online, including the submission of the application form and the supporting documents. You must possess digital scans of the required documents to submit with the visa application, and show the immigration official when you arrive in Pakistan.
Here are the compulsory supporting documents every traveler needs to submit with the online tourist visa application form.
Tourist Visa (ETV) Requirements
For getting a tourist visa ETV, you need to produce specific documents for hassle-free approval. These include:
Scan of the biography page of the passport
- Travellers must have their passport with at least 6-months validity from the date of arrival and have at least 2 pages available for stamping.
- The Passport should be in PDF, JPG, or PNG format.
- The passport size of the scanned copy should not exceed 3 MB.
Photo of Applicant
- The photograph must be recent, no more than 3 months old.
- It must have a plain white background.
- The image should be less than 350 kb in size.
- The applicant's full-frontal view must be visible. Do not wear a face mask, glasses, or anything that would change your regular appearance. If you don't usually sport a beard, don't get yourself photographed with a beard.
- If you must wear headgear due to religious obligations, it should not cover your face.
- Always stare at the camera with a neutral facial expression and avoid smiling.
- Individual Tourist: A tourist travelling solo to Pakistan has to present an Invitation or sponsor letter of the Pakistan Resident. The letter should contain the full address & telephone number, copy of passport or national ID card (NICP).
- It is possible that in some cases, the authorities demand a notarized NICP and a notarized invitation letter written on Pakistan stamp paper.
- Group Tourist: As for the tourist travelling in a group, he needs to submit an Invitation letter, designated by the Department Of Tourist Services by the tour operator from Pakistan.
Tourist Visa ETV requires you to present proof of your financial stability. A recent bank statement will work for it. Make sure you redact your account number from the statement.
Proof of Residence or Address
The applicant will submit a copy of his driver’s license or the State ID showing his image and address.
Employment Verification Letter
Travellers requiring a Tourist ETV also need to submit an Employment Verification Letter or an Introduction Letter from your employer, authenticating your current job or employment or agreement. Before submitting the letter, make sure it is signed.
If you are retired or a housewife, you can submit a signed letter stating your current employment status, addressing the Office of Immigration.
Born Pakistani or Spouse of a Pakistani
If you were a born Pakistani, you can provide any one of the following documents:
- Valid or expired Pakistani ID card or Passport
- Set up your Birth certificate and your Parents' Pakistani ID or Passport ( whether Valid or Expire).
If you are married to a Pakistani National, you need to provide your spouse's Pakistani ID or Passport, whether valid or expired, and your marriage certificate.
For Minors Under Age 16
For minors, please attach the additional documents given below:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Parents’ Passport (both mother and father)
- Pakistan Parental Consent Form (NOTARIZED)
All of the above documents should be submitted along with the application after scanning.
Please do not capture and upload the photos of documents. Scanning documents is a must.
It is requested that you read through the guidance provided for your face photograph requirement (Pakistan Visa photo requirements) and all the Pakistan Documents Requirement.
For you to successfully get the Pakistan tourist visa, you will need to upload a copy of proof of your legal residence. This applies if you are applying for the Pakistani visa online and you are not in your native country.
If you want an extension, you need to upload the entry stamp on your passport as well as your valid Pakistani passport. All these uploaded documents should be as clear as possible and in the recommended format.
Eligible country for Pakistan Tourist Visa ETA
You can check whether your country is in the list of eligible individuals below...
Visa Processing Time
The government reserves all the rights to issue any Pakistan visa online. Within this discretion, they may permit some and deny others, especially if the application process instructions were not followed accordingly.
That said, the processing time for a visa valid 3 months is 7 to 10 working days, which is usually the same period for those seeking an extension of up to six months.
For the tourists seeking an extension time of more than six months, the processing time is within four weeks, only working days.
Illegal extension of your stay in Pakistan will attract hefty penalties. That is why you need to overstay legally.
How to apply for a Visa?
Open the Pakistan visa application form and start to fill. There are some simple steps you can follow to apply for visa:
- Complete your Application Form Online (It will hardly take 5 minutes).
- Complete all required information and upload your documents (such as your passport size photo and a photo scan of your passport). Our specialists guide you to make the process as simple as possible.
- Submit your details that match the details filled on your passport.
- After uploading all the documents, check you have done everything right and perfect.
- Once checked, pay the amount online via your debit or credit card.
After you successfully applied for the Pakistan visa, It will take 7 to 10 days to process your application form. It is very simple. Once approved, you will get your e-Visa on your email, which you have entered while filling up the application. After getting your e-visa, take a print out of it and take it with you with all the required documents.
Points to Remember:
- All the documents must be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format.
- The maximum permitted size of a document is 500kb.
- The traveler's passport must have at least six months of validity left from the date of arrival.
- There must be at least one blank page available on the passport for stamping purposes.
- A tourist visa allows travelers to stay in Pakistan for up to 30 days on a single visit.
- Travelers can apply for a six-month extension in tourist visa while staying in Pakistan by submitting an online application form. For a visa extension, the traveler will need to scan the existing tourist visa and the other supporting documents.
- Certain nationalities can apply for more than six months' extension.
- The cost of a tourist visa with three-month validity depends on the traveler's nationality.
Pakistan Tourist eVisa Sample
1 How long does it take to get a Pakistan eVisa?
Pakistan provides a great facility of Pakistan e-visa to its visitors which can easily be issued online by logging in to the Online Visa System of Pakistan. You do not need to visit the embassy in order to get your visa because using the online system your e-visa is just a click away from you. You can obtain your Pakistan e-visa as well as Pakistan Health declaration form. There are two types of visa processing according to the time for visa issuance. First one is called Standard Processing in which it takes 7-10 days to get your visa. The second one is called Rush Processing which provides you your visa within 5-7 days.
2How long can I stay in Pakistan with the e-Visa?
Pakistan offers the travelers from various countries an online visa issuance facility. The point to ponder is how long visitors can stay in Pakistan through e-visa because everyone is much more concerned about their period of stay in order to plan the trip. So coming to the genuine part, foreign nationals with single entry crossing the borders of Pakistan using e-visa can stay in the country for 3 months. As your visa gets approved by the authorities, there is a fine chance for you to extend your e-visa up to 6 months. In case your visa gets eliminated due to some reason or mistakenly, you immediately need to visit the website of Pakistan visa online to renew your visa in order to stay in the country.