Pakistan Visa Extension Guidelines
The Pakistan Directorate General of Immigration & Passports is responsible for extending visas in all categories of online and sticker visas. Presented below is an overview of the visa extension guidelines according to different visa types.
Pakistan Tourist Visa:
The government of Pakistan allows an extension period of three months to Pakistan Tourist visa holders. This means you can have your visa extended to up to six months. This period is inclusive of the initial visa validity period and allows double entry facility.
Pakistan Business Visa:
Pakistan business visa is extended for the visa holder and their family for a maximum of six months with a double-entry facility. The extension period is inclusive of the initial validity period.
Pakistan Student Visa:
Pakistan offers student visas to foreigners, which is valid for six months with a single re-entry facility. The visa is extended yearly for a maximum duration of six months. However, the extension in visa depends upon the availability of required documents. Moreover, the extension period will be inclusive of the initial validity period.
Pakistan Visa Extension for Missionaries:
Foreign missionaries can have their visas extended to up to four months, including the initial visa validity period. The visa extension approval is subject to approval from the Home department and Security Agencies of the country.
Pakistan Visa Extension for People of Pakistani Origin:
Except for Indian nationals, all foreigners of Pakistani origin, their spouses, and dependent children can get their visas extended to a maximum duration of six months with the multiple-entry facility. This period is inclusive of the initial visa validity period. In other cases, the Interior Ministry of Pakistan is responsible for allowing or authorizing visa extension.
Data/Documents Required to Apply for Visa Extension in Pakistan
Unless you provide the following information/data/ Pakistan visa documents, your visa extension application will be rejected.
- Applicant’s full name as indicated on the initial visa and the travel documents (e.g. passport).
- Applicant’s date, city, and country of birth.
- Two passport-style photographs size 45mmx35mm. The photographs must compulsorily have a plain white background.
- Pakistani address as well as foreign address.
- Current nationality.
- Country of origin.
- Parents’ names.
- Spouse name, nationality, date of birth, country of residence (if the applicant is married).
- Married couple of Pakistan origin should produce their Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificates of their children.
- Details of any accompanying people.
- Details of the bank account in Pakistan (if any).
- Last five years’ travel history (if you have travelled to other countries or visited Pakistan before).
- Refusal details and reasons if you have ever been refused a visa to enter Pakistan or another country.
- Details of criminal convictions and deportation (if any).
- If applying for the visa from a third country, provide details of work permit/residence permit.
- Occupation data, including current and past job positions, employer details, contact number, and address.
Visa Surcharge Fee
- If you have overstayed your visa, there will be a surcharge Pakistan visa fee that you will have to pay.
- The fee varies according to the period of overstaying, and the status of the visitor.
- Diplomatic passport holders are exempt from surcharges of any type.
- No condonation of overstaying charges is allowed.
- The surcharge amount should be deposited in the bank and never to be paid to the staff members.
Visa Overstaying Surcharges for Foreign Nationals:
- Overstaying your visa for 1 to 2 weeks- No Surcharge.
- Overstaying your visa above two weeks to up to one month – Surcharge Fee US$ 50
- Overstaying a visa for over one month to up to three months- Surcharge Fee US$ 200
- Overstaying the visa for three months to up to one year- Surcharge Fee US$ 400/year
Note: It is worth noting that Indian nationals will have to pay Rs. 40 per day regardless of the period of overstay.
Visa Surcharge for Foreigners of Pakistani Origin:
- Overstaying the visa for up to one week- No Surcharge
- Overstaying from one to six months- Surcharge Fee US$ 40
- Overstaying from six months to up to one year- Surcharge Fee US$ 80
- Overstaying beyond one year- Surcharge Fee US$ 200/year