Pakistan Visa Photo Requirements
Being able to apply for the Pakistan Visa online is very convenient, cost-effective and easy. However, since it is an online process, some individuals may find this daunting and hard, unsure of what kind of documents to upload, their size, and also the format.
Since we would love this process to be as simple as it can be, below we provide you with some instructions regarding your photo.
If you follow these simple image capturing tips, you’ll have a higher chance of visa acceptance.
1. Size of the Image
The Pakistani authorities state that the photograph should be a maximum of 550 KB.
If you are unsure of what this means, have a studio photo or a photo with your smartphone and you’ll be able to know the size.
2. Quality of the Photograph
For your photograph to be accepted, the following must be fulfilled.
- Taken on a plain background
- Professionally printed photograph with dimensions of 35 mm wide and 45 mm high
- A recent photo of you – not more than 6 months old.
- Good clarity and sharp focus
- Photo focused on the head and the top of your shoulders such that the face is about 70 to 80% of the image
- A photo without creases or ink.
3. The Image must:
- Be taken by a high-quality digital camera with quality color and resolution
- Show you are looking directly on the camera.
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Show your skin tone and complexion naturally
4. Lighting and Style:
- Your eyes should be open and clearly visible
- Wear clothes with neutral colors
- There should be no hair across your face
- Both edges of your face should be clearly visible
- Again, the background should be plain and light colored – preferably white
- Ensure the lighting is uniform, - no flash, or reflections or shadows or red eyes.
5. Headcovers and Glasses
- If you wear glasses, when capturing this photo, you should remove the glasses so that your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Head scarves are allowed as long as they allow the photograph to show the face properly from the top to the bottom of the chin.
6. Expression and Frame
- The ideal image should show your image alone – no other people or chair backs etc.
- You should have a neutral and calm look on your face as you look at the camera. Your mouth should also be closed.